Wednesday, October 2, 2013

oct 2,2013

Raising six will now change to raising seven, yeah that's right ! My family is bigger and better.
lets welcome my baby girl Asanti.
On August 8,2013 I walk in the hospital  with labor pains I was convince that this was it ,but it wasn't the doctor send me back home because I was only 3 cm open and only 36 weeks. My husband when to work and I stood home with my other 6 kids and my mother that took a day off from work to help me. there I was with pain that will go and come, I was crying because the nurses from the hospital told me that it was early that it might be two more weeks before I actually give birth, those words hunt me , how can I stay two weeks with pain....how? . There were wrong,thanks God! . At home my labor pain became stronger, I walk back and forth, I squat with every contractions ,I belly dance through my pain ,I breathe deep in filling my belly like if it was a balloon. there was time that couldn't keep control and I will lose myself in the pain and panic ,but God must be there for me because somehow I put myself together. This was the first time that I labor by myself , my husband always been there for me, I was angry that he when to work and left me with pains ,but I understand that it was a must since days before he took a day off  because I was feeling contraction,but that led to nothing . This was the first time that I was active in my labor not just laying in a hospital bed waiting for the cervix to reach 10 cm.
When I couldn't stand the pain any longer I call hubby to come home  I let him know that this was the real deal. By the time he came I was crying ,sweating ,trembling and scared. My daughter and mom help me go down to the street to meet him since I could hardly walk ,there he  was my hero , he was waiting outside with a taxi to rush me to the hospital.
The ride was the most exciting ,crazy experience of my life, I was screaming because the pain was unbearable , I though that the baby was going to pop out right there inside the taxi, the taxi driver was scared he eventually pass all the red light to rush me to the hospital . Finally we arrive at the hospital ,a man that heard me scream and heard the taxi driver scream "emergency" came to help me with a wheelchair my husband pull me out of the taxi rush me inside the hospital to the labor  floor ,nurses and doctor approach me with stupid question ,Okay they wasn't stupid questions, but I  really  didn't even had the energy to talk . Nurses rush me to the labor room pulling my pants off and shirt, lay me on bed , the doctor  put on his gloves and check me , and this are the words that bring me back  ,"she is 10cm" Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah! to me that meant the end all I needed to do was push, which I did 3 push and the Baby was born at 6:30 pm .This experience was the most empowerful experience I ever had . I labor by myself ,I was strong ,I was in control, been active  in labor  was the best.
Thank you God ,my husband and my beautiful daughter carmen who was sitting next to me in the taxi hearing me scream and holding my hands. sorry you couldn't come in to see your sister been born ,next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment