Sunday, January 24, 2010

Money don't grow on trees

I want my girls to learn that working hard has it's reward, I don't want them to think that the world is an easy place where they going to get everything handed out , I want them to be responsible and independent, I want them to appreciate their father hard work, overall I want them to be good daughters to the Lord by abiding in his words and his words only,we believe deeply in God and try are best to follow and understand his words(the bible). To accomplish these goals my hubby and I don't give them an allowance, the way they get money from us is by them reading books, we use to print out a 100 squares sheet and tape it to the wall, for every book they read, and I will put a star in each square, when the sheet were full of stars I will get them what they wanted , their first reward was a digital camera . Now we do things a little different we give them a quarter for every book they read, which teach them to save up (money management) it really works , one time when I was in the store with them I over heard C & T talking about how much they wanted a purse ,C told T that if she liked it to buy it, because T had enough money, but T replied by saying that if she wait longer she will save up more money which means that she will have enough to buy the purse and more stuff, that buying the purse now will reduce her savings. Sometimes they try to be sneaky and have me buy their wants for they could save their money.....LOL. This week I print out a book list sheet for they could record each book they read through the week ,I tape the sheet to the refrigerator, at the end of the week I will give them a quarter for each book they read and a dollar for each book they read that I recommended.


To accomplish the goal of been responsible and independent I give them chores , K clean dishes after breakfast, T clean dishes after lunch , C clean dishes after dinner. they are responsible for keeping their bedroom and the playroom clean. I started teaching them how to cook , They love this part of been independent, I have taught them how to make pancakes,eggs,bacon, rice, chicken Marsala, pizza, beans, and how to chop onions.
To accomplish the goal of them been good Christians my hubby and I read the bible to them, teach them to pray, teach them right from wrong, teach them by us been an example.

Things don't always goes smoothly as it sounds, the girls don't always follow this outline, dad and mom many times get soft and let them get away with things, especially daddy, but we are trying and every time we fall down the wagon we get back up, we try ours best not to spoil them ,but sometimes we do.Yesterday my hubby and I were talking to the girls about how adults also get punish ,adults don't get time out ,but every time we break the law we get punish , our punish is in the form of paying fees or jail time. This discussion gave my hubby an idea of how they should get fee-tickets when they break the rules, they laugh , I reminded them of the fee ticket this morning and C told me she prefer time out... LOL .
This week:
C & T for history they will continue reading story of the world (vol 1)by Susan Wise Bauer

Chapter 11 Ancient Africa

Chapter 12 The middle kingdom of Egypt
Chapter 13 The new kingdom of Egypt
Chapter 14 The Israelites leaves Egypt
Chapter 15 The Phoenicians

For spelling we use spelling power, they get a daily test and only study the words they misspell


For Grammar they will keep working with helping Verbs,capitalization, initials,titles of respect, addresses,contractions,adjectives, introducing interjections.



For math we use Teaching Textbook, they will be working on decimals and carrying,decimals and regrouping,money word problems,thousandths and decimals.



For writing -they will write a summary for each chapter they read in history.


The books I recommend them to read was Great Expectations by Charles Dickens adapted by Monica Kulling and Les Miserables by Victor Hugo adapted by Monica Kulling.







K will continue working on her reading lesson , she's getting better at reading.
S will also continue working on her reading lessons.
E will continue getting potty trained ........oh I almost forgot to mention that E finally use the toilet , we all clap and show her how happy we are for her.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment