Wednesday, January 13, 2010

narration

Narration is such a simple yet powerful learning tool. Kids read the story and retell the story back to mom ,this process shows me if they comprehend the story. Is better than just answering questions and this is why I said this, the other day c asked me if I could just give her questions to answer instead of her re-telling me the story cause it was hard for her to put it together . So after this confession I decided to keep pushing narration because is truly an affected way to practice comprehension/oral skills. So now I have them read one chapter per day and I video tape their narration which they seem to enjoy very much . I am hopeful that they will get better .
c is reading Oliver Twist by Charles dickens adapted by Les Martin

according to wikipedia it was published 1837 in three volumes (wow).

This story is about an orphan that escaped to London where he meets a gang of thieves .





T is reading the Hunchback of Notre Dame by victor Hugo adapted by Marc Cerasini


this novel was published 1831.

This is T narration of the prologue:

she mispronounced prologue and cathedral, but that's okay she will get better at narrating soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment